**As told by a self-diagnosed chronically cold individual**
- Winter is the epitome of all your worst fears.
- You regularly make coffee, tea or hot chocolate purely for warmth purposes. (Your fingers and nose will thank you)
- You have at least three blankets on your bed at all times. Probably three more in the closet for backup. You know, just in case…
- HYPOTHERMIA IS REAL and you have suffered from it. On multiple occasions. The fact that your fingers haven’t gotten frostbite yet is a miracle of incredible proportions.
- You’ve been known to turn on the oven just to stick your hands in and warm them up.
- Cuddling has very little to do with any sort of relationship… it’s a survival mechanism.
- As is hugging.
- Getting out of a hot shower is the hardest thing you have ever had to do…
- And once you’re cold, you literally cannot warm up. Nothing works and it is horrible.
- You have left places/ social events/ anything due to being cold.
- You probably own footie pajamas. No shame.
- Also fuzzy socks. Lots of them.
- You can’t remember the last time your fingers and toes didn’t feel like icicles.
- You will go to great lengths to avoid situations where you will be in the cold for long periods of time.
- All your friends hate you for constantly whining about how cold you are. You have also probably stolen their jackets on multiple occasions.
- You’ve developed a talent for finding the seat furthest away from the door when you enter a restaurant. And sitting under an air vent? Forget it. Someone’s switching.
- Your one and only motivator for going to the gym in the winter is to warm up.
- You consistently wear at least three more layers than everyone else. Two pairs of leggings? Check. A shirt under a sweater under a vest under a jacket? Check.
- You look forward to getting into your blazing hot car in the summer. Ahhhh the warmth.
- Sunshine is your best friend. Like, you need it.
- You’ve tried, on multiple occasions, to convince yourself (and everyone) that you have seasonal affective disorder. Because why else would you be this miserable.
- Summer is far and away the best time of year. Bring on that 90 degree heat, sweat and humidity.
- But then people crank up the air in every building ever, so you’re forced to be that person carrying a jacket around with you in the middle of summer. Haters gonna hate.
Summer, hurry up.